Kate Walsh

    Kate Walsh has stepped back into a world she's come to know so well.

    The "Private Practice," star headlines a new indie drama called "Angels Crest," in which she plays a lesbian artist in a small-town tale alongside Jeremy Piven and Mira Sorvino. The perhaps oxymoronic gruff artist was a role she very much enjoyed.

    "I loved the character, and the relationship between her and her partner was really interesting to me," Walsh told The Advocate. "There's humor in how she's an artist and kind of gruff and no-nonsense. It's a really beautiful film."










    Is she beautiful or what?!


    Of course, this isn't Walsh's first time playing a lesbian. In 2005, she played a lesbian in the indie film "Inside Out"; IN 2003, Walsh played Sandra Oh's partner in "Under the Tuscan Sun," and had a two episode arc on "Karen Sisco." Walsh played a transexual in a "CSI" guest spot.
    Obviously, it's a role Walsh doesn't shy away from. To her, a character's sexuality is secondary at best.
    "I'm just drawn to the role and the character and if it happens to be lesbian or transgender, whatever," she told the magazine. "It's the character and the relationship that really draws me to a project."
    In her real life, Walsh went through a very public divorce after a short lived marriage to film executive Alex Young. She recently discussed the nightmare situation, as well as her sorrow over not having kids, with More Magazine.
    "I feel like a loser. I would definitely love to be a parent," she told the magazine. "But I definitely don't think I want to do it on my own. Things are just going to go the way they go... I thought I'd be married and have three or four kids. I always knew I wanted to be an actress, but I think I always wanted a quote-unquote normal life because I had a very untraditional upbringing."

    Speaking to a fan site about her propensity for taking on another sexuality on screen, Walsh said (via Maxim), "Do I give off a girl-on-girl vibe, I wonder? Or is it because I'm tall? I guess the chicks just dig me."
    Source URL: http://amywinehouseqb.blogspot.com/2011/09/kate-walsh.html
    Visit amy winehouse for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive